Bob Phillips

I make that 17.47%, not 17.5% :-(

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi Mel

It sounds like the company want an increase in sales from 77,074 to 90,539
which is a 17.5% increase.
However, the contribution from Misc is to be ignored.
Since Misc contributed 12,514 the remaining reps contributed 64,56 to the
years total.
In order to get 90,539 from this year's sales, those same reps would have

have their contribution increased by 40% rather than 17.5%
So, substitute 0.4 in your cells C2:C9 and delete cell D10
--
Regards
Roger Govier
"Mel" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that calculates the new year budgets. The budgets are

specific percentage. So far, the total budget number is coming out
correct.
However, I need to disregard the sales for the misc rep. I'm not sure

how
do this without losing my sum (90,539) or possibly the %Inc (.175).

Could
anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks,
Mel

Rep Item % Inc Sales Budget (D2+(d2*C2))
1 Item X 0.175 6,703 7874
2 Item X 0.175 7,078 8315
3 Item X 0.175 7,183 8438
4 Item X 0.175 590 693