Junior Member

Red face formula to disperse data to several worksheets

Good Afternoon;

I have a workbook that tracks the sale of the items in my store. The Main tab contains all sale requests for the day. Each day these items are either placed on hold, filled or voided. I have 3 other tabs each named Hold, Filled and Voided. I want to automatically move these items to each designated worksheet according to the action taken on each order. Example: Items placed on hold would automatically move to the tab labeled Hold etc. I have entered the headings below of the Main tab. Once the Action Taken column is completed with either Hold, Filled or Voided then I want it to be automatically copied to the first available row on the Hold tab.

Invoice Customer Price Product Quantity Action Taken

I hope I have explained this sufficiently and would appreciate any help I could get with this. I don't know how to write macros so I'm really depending on a good formula. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula to disperse data to several worksheets

First off............formulas can only pull data into the cells in
which they are written, they cannot push data anywhere.

You could use formulas on the 3 target sheets.

e.g. on Hold sheet in A2

=IF(Master!$E2="Hold",Master!A2,"")

Copy across to E2 then down as far as you want.

I am assuming Columns A to E are the five columns with your titles

Invoice Customer Price Product Quantity ActionTaken

If you cannot find a way to enter formulas on the target sheets then
you may use VBA to copy the data over to those sheets per your
requirements.

Send me a workbook via email and I can have a look.

gorddibbATshawDOTca change the obvious

Gord

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 19:03:12 +0000, BabsCreates
wrote:

[...]

Junior Member

Gord....I would be more than glad to send you a copy of my spreadsheet but I'm unable to locate your email. Can you let me know what it is. Thank you for your help and interest.

Barb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Dibben[_2_] View Post

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Re-read my post and you will find the email.

Note where it says "change the obvious"

Gord

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 03:35:26 +0000, BabsCreates
wrote:

Gord....I would be more than glad to send you a copy of my spreadsheet
but I'm unable to locate your email. Can you let me know what it is.
Thank you for your help and interest.

Barb

;1265406']First off............formulas can only pull data into the

-