tsplus

Default why does my excell worksheet start with only a gray view, no data

trying to open a xls file. does not show cells or data. just a blank grey
screen
Anne Troy

From the menu, choose Window--Arrange, and hit OK.
I can't answer the question "why". It just happens.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"tsplus" wrote in message
trying to open a xls file. does not show cells or data. just a blank

grey
screen

Peo Sjoblom

Has you file gone off the screen? Try windowarrangetiled and drag to right
size, then save
another option might be windowunhide (not the personal.xls)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"tsplus" wrote in message
trying to open a xls file. does not show cells or data. just a blank
grey
screen

kraljb

Check to see if it is ignoring other applications...

Tools:Options:General There is a checkbox there make sure that it is
unchecked...

--
kraljb
kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9955

Ken Wright

Are you perhaps trying to open the file by double clicking the file shortcut
in Explorer and the file is not opening, ie just Excel opens. If so then
try Tools / Options / General tab / uncheck 'Ignore other applications'.

Regards