thisguy

Default our cost to customers cost

for office 2003, would like to enetr "our cost" in one cell and in another
cell display the customer's cost.
example: if our cost is $50 or more, we would multiply it by 1.4 to get
cust. cost, if the price were less than $50, we would multiply it by 1.55 to
get cust. cost, if it were less than $20, multiply it by 2.1 and so on. if
anyone can come up with a formula to help me do this it would be grate.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Michael

Our cost in A1,
In B1 put:
=IF(A1<20,A1*2.1,IF(A1<50,A1*1.55,IF(A1=50,A1*1.4 ,"")))

HTH
Michael
--
Michael Mitchelson

"thisguy" wrote:

for office 2003, would like to enetr "our cost" in one cell and in another
cell display the customer's cost.
example: if our cost is $50 or more, we would multiply it by 1.4 to get
cust. cost, if the price were less than $50, we would multiply it by 1.55 to
get cust. cost, if it were less than $20, multiply it by 2.1 and so on. if
anyone can come up with a formula to help me do this it would be grate.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Michael

Got a bit carried away with my IF's
this is neater.
=IF(A1<20,A1*2.1,IF(A1<50,A1*1.55,A1*1.4))
Michael
--
Michael Mitchelson