Rose

Default vlookup returning sum

I'm doing a vlookup of a value on sheet1, find that value on sheet2, and
return the value in in the column next to the value found on sheet2.

In some cases the value is located twice on sheet2. Currently it only
returns the value in the adjacent column of the topmost row for that value on
sheet2.

Example: value Nickel is found twice on sheet2 in column A. Column B that
is tracking column A = 5 on Row 1 and column B Row 2 =10. The total I need
returned is 15 for all Nickels found on sheet2.

I need the value from column B returned as a SUM of the two occurances in
sheets on my vlookup done in sheet1.
--
Thank you kindly-RF
Trevor Shuttleworth

Rose

sounds as though you need to use SUMIF rather than LOOKUP

For example:

=SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,"Nickel",Sheet2!B:B)

Regards

Trevor