Rob P

Default How do I make a calculation?

Hi

Apologies I have only just started using Excel.

I just want to multiply the figure in D4 with E4.

The answer will be in F4.

Then I want to multuply the figure in D5 with E5.

The answer will be in F5.

Etc, etc.

There's the 30 rows in the worksheet.

I'm sure this will give someone a laugh!

Best regards
Rob

Anne Troy

In F4, type:
=D4*E4
In F5, type:
=D5*E5

For best results, row 1 has column headings, row 2 is your first record, row
3 is your second record, and so on.
Use the fill handle to copy formulas, and here's a few other Excel goodies:
Click the Excel heading at the top of that page to see them all.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com