Stephen P Thomas

Default how do I test for Integer?

I wish to test if the results of a calculation is an integer. An unknown
function perhaps in the stats package?
DerbyJim1978

Stephen,

I can't think of a formula that tests whether or not it is a integer however
I can supply another solution:

If A1 = the results of your calculation, let's say 0.5

Then in A2 write =int(A1), this will return the value 1

In A3 write = if(A1=A2,"Yes","No"). This will tell you whether or not your
original value was an integer or not.

You may also wish to check out ROUND (roundup/rounddown) and CEILING formulae.

Regards

Jim

"Stephen P Thomas" wrote:

I wish to test if the results of a calculation is an integer. An unknown
function perhaps in the stats package?

Bob Phillips

=IF(INT(formula_result)=formula_result,"Integer"," ")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Stephen P Thomas" <Stephen P wrote in
message ...
I wish to test if the results of a calculation is an integer. An unknown
function perhaps in the stats package?

Shaz

=IF(MOD(B8,INT(B8))=0,"integer","not integer")

hope this helps.

Shaz

=IF(MOD(B8,INT(B8))=0,"integer","not integer")