Dave

Default Pivot Tables

Can someone tell me if you can do a Pivot table using the results of another
Pivot table?

I need to do this because in one rollup, I need to find a MAX value. Then,
I need to do a SUM operation. I do not seem to be able to do this is the
same Pivot table.

Thanks in advance.
--
DM
Basil

Hi Dave,

There may be a better way of doing this, but I did it quite simply as follows:

Create a new pivot table, and rather than select "Another Pivot Table",
select "Microsoft Excel List or Database". Now simply select the cells that
your other pivot table reside in as your data source.

Given that your pivot table may change in size on a refresh, you can create
a dynamic named range using an offset formula and then base the new pivot
table on this.

The formula I used for the named range was this:
=OFFSET(Annual!$A$4,,,COUNTA(Annual!$B:$B)-2,COUNTA(Annual!$4:$4))

There may be something you can do with the GetPivotData formula. Let me know
if you need further help.

Baz

"Dave" wrote:

Can someone tell me if you can do a Pivot table using the results of another
Pivot table?

I need to do this because in one rollup, I need to find a MAX value. Then,
I need to do a SUM operation. I do not seem to be able to do this is the
same Pivot table.

Thanks in advance.
--
DM

David Ruderman - Chapman University

I've always copied and pasted the pivot as text and then done a pivot table
off this data. If someone has a better solution, I'd love to hear it.
--
David Ruderman
Director of Marketing

"Dave" wrote:

Can someone tell me if you can do a Pivot table using the results of another
Pivot table?

I need to do this because in one rollup, I need to find a MAX value. Then,
I need to do a SUM operation. I do not seem to be able to do this is the
same Pivot table.

Thanks in advance.
--
DM

Basil

Look at my previous post. That way you wouldn't need to paste a duplicate of
the data, and if the base pivot changes, all changes will be updated in the
source of the second pivot (using the dynamic named range). Try it!