kevrgallagher

Default future dates

=H20+7*NPER(0,H15,H10)*-1

Weekly

Total Due

$745.00

Weekly Payment

$34.00

Begin Date

7/11/05

End Date

I'm looking for this formula to always end on the same day (mon,tue, etc.)
as it began. For example 7/11 is a Monday and I need it to end on a Monday
in the future. If I were to run the formula now, it would end on 12/11 a
Tuesday. Is there a way to have it end on a Monday even though it will be a
partial payment?

JE McGimpsey

One way:

=H20+7*CEILING(NPER(0,H15,H10)*-1,1)

but if your interest rate is always zero, this is more efficient:

=CEILING(H10/H15,1)*7+H20

In article ,
"kevrgallagher" wrote:

=H20+7*NPER(0,H15,H10)*-1

Weekly

Total Due

$745.00

Weekly Payment

$34.00

Begin Date

7/11/05

End Date

I'm looking for this formula to always end on the same day (mon,tue, etc.)
as it began. For example 7/11 is a Monday and I need it to end on a Monday
in the future. If I were to run the formula now, it would end on 12/11 a
Tuesday. Is there a way to have it end on a Monday even though it will be a
partial payment?

kevrgallagher

JE

that almost gets me where I want to go...the formula works correctly but
does not take in to account the begin date as the start date...so essentially
I'm 1 week ahead. Any suggestions on how to correct that. I must say I
would have never thought of the ceiling formula...much appreciated!

"kevrgallagher" wrote:

=H20+7*NPER(0,H15,H10)*-1

Weekly

Total Due

$745.00

Weekly Payment

$34.00

Begin Date

7/11/05

End Date

I'm looking for this formula to always end on the same day (mon,tue, etc.)
as it began. For example 7/11 is a Monday and I need it to end on a Monday
in the future. If I were to run the formula now, it would end on 12/11 a
Tuesday. Is there a way to have it end on a Monday even though it will be a
partial payment?

kevrgallagher

thanks JE...that answered all of my questions!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

=((CEILING(H10/H15,1)-1)*7+H20

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

=H20+7*CEILING(NPER(0,H15,H10)*-1,1)

but if your interest rate is always zero, this is more efficient:

=CEILING(H10/H15,1)*7+H20

Using dates for x-axis values as string instead of creating a scale cs_weirdo Charts and Charting in Excel 2 June 17th 05 12:20 AM
Formatting dates in the future Compass Rose Excel Worksheet Functions 3 January 17th 05 10:39 PM
Formating Dates for production schedule dpl7579 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 11th 05 08:43 PM
due dates Niki New Users to Excel 4 January 10th 05 04:11 PM
How can I hide points for future dates on a Year to Date chart? rlmills Charts and Charting in Excel 1 November 29th 04 05:23 PM