denisesnews

Default Blank cells

I need to format a cell so that if it stays blank, the cell is red.
JE McGimpsey

One way:

Format/Conditional Formatting...

CF1: Formula is =ISBLANK(A1)
Format1: Pattern/Red

In article ,

I need to format a cell so that if it stays blank, the cell is red.

Anne Troy

What do you mean "so it stays blank". If you want it to APPEAR blank, make
the font match the fill (red).
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"denisesnews" wrote in message
I need to format a cell so that if it stays blank, the cell is red.

Bill R

Use: IF(ISBLANK,(INPUT THE ADDRESS OF CELL),"",PUT THE DESIRED RESULT HERE.)