Graeme LN

Default Using VLookup and typing in values to be "looked up"

I am trying to select a value from a worksheet corresponding to the value I
am typing in on another worksheet. Eg I type in a product number and it
selects the description for that product from another worksheet. I use

=VLOOKUP(C2,$A$2:$B$10249,2,FALSE)
where C2 in wksheet 1 = the value in column A in the range A2:B10249 in
wksheet2 and the product description is in column 2 of that range.

When I type in the value at C2, it returns #N/A. When I copy and paste the
value from column A in A2:B10249 it returns the correct description in column
2. The cell formatting seems to be correct.