mcd_fan

Default Create a function wher last digit is always set

I want to create a funtion where the last digit of a four or five digit
number is alway "9". Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Anne Troy

Please give an example.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"mcd_fan" wrote in message
I want to create a funtion where the last digit of a four or five digit
number is alway "9". Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

mcd_fan

CELL A1 is 253
CELL A2 is 18567
CELL A3 is 8932

but I want it to read

CELL A1 259
CELL A2 is 18569
CELL A3 is 8939

I basically want it to round up to 9, The cloestes thin I could find was the
IF function but that would not work the way I want it too.

Thanks,

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Please give an example.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"mcd_fan" wrote in message
I want to create a funtion where the last digit of a four or five digit
number is alway "9". Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Anne Troy

How about this, MCD:
=ROUNDDOWN(A1,-1)+9
That rounds it down to the nearest 10, then adds 9.
:)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"mcd_fan" wrote in message
CELL A1 is 253
CELL A2 is 18567
CELL A3 is 8932

but I want it to read

CELL A1 259
CELL A2 is 18569
CELL A3 is 8939

I basically want it to round up to 9, The cloestes thin I could find was

the
IF function but that would not work the way I want it too.

Thanks,

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Please give an example.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"mcd_fan" wrote in message
I want to create a funtion where the last digit of a four or five

digit
number is alway "9". Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Dana DeLouis

Just one idea:

=A1+9-MOD(A1,10)

HTH
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"mcd_fan" wrote in message
CELL A1 is 253
CELL A2 is 18567
CELL A3 is 8932

but I want it to read

CELL A1 259
CELL A2 is 18569
CELL A3 is 8939

I basically want it to round up to 9, The cloestes thin I could find was
the
IF function but that would not work the way I want it too.

Thanks,

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Please give an example.
~Anne Troy