RC

Default how do i create a find function for an excel drop list?

I have a program that i have written in exel that has become to large to
manage. i need to be able to select my drop down list and be able to enter
the first character of the item that i trying to find and have excel return
for me closest match
Anne Troy

You cannot. Sorry if this is bad news. You may want to consider moving over
to Access...which does this automatically.

****************
Anne Troy
www.piersontech.com
www.mrexcel.com

"RC" wrote in message
I have a program that i have written in exel that has become to large to
manage. i need to be able to select my drop down list and be able to enter
the first character of the item that i trying to find and have excel

return
for me closest match

Biff

Hi!

Debra Dalgleish has a sample file that demonstrates how to
implement auto-complete in a drop down list:

http://contextures.com/DataValComboboxSheet.xls

Biff

I have a program that i have written in exel that has

become to large to
manage. i need to be able to select my drop down list and

be able to enter
the first character of the item that i trying to find and

have excel return
for me closest match
.

Anne Troy

Thanks, Biff. I'm running over to check it out!

~Anne Troy

www.piersontech.com
www.mrexcel.com