Michal

Default How do I increase a table values by 1.2 for example?

I have a table with quarters in rows and values in columns. I need to
increase all values by some factor (lets say number in cell A1). I know that
I can multiply every cell separatelly. Is there any other, more automatic way?
Anne Troy

Copy a cell that contains the value 1.2. Now select all the cells you want
to increase. Hit Edit--Paste special, Multiply.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Michal" wrote in message
I have a table with quarters in rows and values in columns. I need to
increase all values by some factor (lets say number in cell A1). I know

that
I can multiply every cell separatelly. Is there any other, more automatic

way?

Michal

Well OK, but I would like to have pasted the A1 cell instead of 1.2 value
into selected cells, so if I change the A1 value from 1.2 to 1.5 all selected
cells will be multiplied by this factor.

"Michal" wrote in message
I have a table with quarters in rows and values in columns. I need to
increase all values by some factor (lets say number in cell A1). I know

that
I can multiply every cell separatelly. Is there any other, more automatic

way?

Anne Troy

That's fine, but then you have to put a formula next to each cell:
If your values are in A2 to A10, then in B2, put =A2*A1
Then copy down.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Michal" wrote in message
I have a table with quarters in rows and values in columns. I need to
increase all values by some factor (lets say number in cell A1). I

know
that
I can multiply every cell separatelly. Is there any other, more

automatic
way?

Don Guillett

Use edit/replace 1.2 with 1.5