B_4j

Default Why won't pasted values from a formula appear in a pivot table

I am trying to make a pivot table from an array of information that was the
result of formulas on another worksheet page. I used a macro to copy these
formulas on the other worksheet page, then paste their values in the array
that I need a pivot table from. The pivot table will not sum any of the
values in the array and it does not combine cells in one column that are
alike if their corresponding cells in the adjacent column are different.
Everything works if I retype the data instead of copying and pasting. This
is not an option becuase there are several thousand lines of data. Thanks in
advance for any help.
Debra Dalgleish

Did you try the suggestion I posted yesterday?

Excel is seeing the numbers as text. There are some techniques here that
you can use to convert the text to numbers, so they can be summed in the
pivot table:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html

--
Debra Dalgleish