shivpora

Default Cell Reference

My worksheet has a refence to a cell in a pivot chart. Instead of the
formula being R1C1 type it is referncing the formula within the refereced
cell...eg. it is returnig someting like =GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures].[Sys
Qty]",$A$15,"[Period Day]","[Period Day].[Q206].[JUL].[FW200622]") instead of
me simply wanting =j50. How do I do that?
Bernard Liengme

Type =, then click on the relevant cell in the pivot table
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"shivpora" wrote in message
My worksheet has a refence to a cell in a pivot chart. Instead of the
formula being R1C1 type it is referncing the formula within the refereced
cell...eg. it is returnig someting like =GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures].[Sys
Qty]",$A$15,"[Period Day]","[Period Day].[Q206].[JUL].[FW200622]") instead
of
me simply wanting =j50. How do I do that?

Matt Lunn

If you don't want to show the pivot formula you'll need to manually type the
address of the cell you want to reference instead of clicking it. If you want
to reference the value at J50 then type "=J50"

Thanks,
Matt

"shivpora" wrote:

My worksheet has a refence to a cell in a pivot chart. Instead of the
formula being R1C1 type it is referncing the formula within the refereced
cell...eg. it is returnig someting like =GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures].[Sys
Qty]",$A$15,"[Period Day]","[Period Day].[Q206].[JUL].[FW200622]") instead of
me simply wanting =j50. How do I do that?

shivpora

I did not have this issue on my old system which had the same excel version
i.e 2003. So I do believe there is some setting where this can be changed.
ANyone else knows the answer to this???

"shivpora" wrote:

My worksheet has a refence to a cell in a pivot chart. Instead of the
formula being R1C1 type it is referncing the formula within the refereced
cell...eg. it is returnig someting like =GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures].[Sys
Qty]",$A$15,"[Period Day]","[Period Day].[Q206].[JUL].[FW200622]") instead of
me simply wanting =j50. How do I do that?

Bernard Liengme

Please explain the 'issue' in more detail. What do you want to do?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"shivpora" wrote:

My worksheet has a refence to a cell in a pivot chart. Instead of the
formula being R1C1 type it is referncing the formula within the
refereced
cell...eg. it is returnig someting like =GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures].[Sys
Qty]",$A$15,"[Period Day]","[Period Day].[Q206].[JUL].[FW200622]")
instead of
me simply wanting =j50. How do I do that?

shivpora

I am looking to have the cell formula referencing a cell in a pivot chart to
be a simple cell refernce and not the underlying " get Pivot data formula
instead" e.g. if the pivot chart range is A1: K25 and my formula in cell
m1 needs to reference the value in the pivot table cell J20 I should simply
be able to go to cell M1, type an +sign and click on cell J20 on the pivot
chart to get cell M1 formula as =J20. However, I am getting
=GETPIVOTDATA.........etc instead. How do I turn this off?

"shivpora" wrote:

My worksheet has a refence to a cell in a pivot chart. Instead of the
formula being R1C1 type it is referncing the formula within the
refereced
cell...eg. it is returnig someting like =GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures].[Sys
Qty]",$A$15,"[Period Day]","[Period Day].[Q206].[JUL].[FW200622]")
instead of
me simply wanting =j50. How do I do that?

Debra Dalgleish

There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button
to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off:

"shivpora" wrote:

My worksheet has a refence to a cell in a pivot chart. Instead of the
formula being R1C1 type it is referncing the formula within the
refereced
cell...eg. it is returnig someting like =GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures].[Sys
Qty]",$A$15,"[Period Day]","[Period Day].[Q206].[JUL].[FW200622]")
instead of
me simply wanting =j50. How do I do that?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html