Technician 41706

Default Please Help with format

I am using Data Validation List's within a cell. After i select the cell and
click on the drop down button i select one of the listed text's "VTC". I am
wanting excel to automatically assign the number "1" to another blank cell
in the same sheet when i select the "VTC"... Does anyone know how to make
excel do this. I have tried all the help files and demos and none of them
can tell me how to do this. Any Ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

--
www.cox.net
Technician 41706

www.cox.net

"Technician 41706" wrote:

I am using Data Validation List's within a cell. After i select the cell and
click on the drop down button i select one of the listed text's VTC. I am
wanting excel to automatically assign the number " to another blank cell
in the same sheet when i select the VTC... Does anyone know how to make
excel do this. I have tried all the help files and demos and none of them
can tell me how to do this. Any Ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

--
www.cox.net

Kassie

Hi Technician

in your target cell, enter =if(<source cell="VTC",1,"") or something to
that effect, depending on what conditions you want met

"Technician 41706" wrote:

I am using Data Validation List's within a cell. After i select the cell and
click on the drop down button i select one of the listed text's "VTC". I am
wanting excel to automatically assign the number "1" to another blank cell
in the same sheet when i select the "VTC"... Does anyone know how to make
excel do this. I have tried all the help files and demos and none of them
can tell me how to do this. Any Ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

--
www.cox.net

Tom Ogilvy

I would assume there is some unrevealed relation between choosing VTC.
Perhaps it is the sequence in the list

If the list is produced from a range (assume Sheet1!A1:A10 - VTC is in A1)

assume the data validation is in cell C1 and you want 12 in D1

in D1

=if(c1="","",match(C1,Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10,0))

Perhaps that will get you started.

Tom Ogilvy

"Technician 41706" wrote in
message ...
I am using Data Validation List's within a cell. After i select the cell

and
click on the drop down button i select one of the listed text's "VTC". I

am
wanting excel to automatically assign the number "1" to another blank

cell
in the same sheet when i select the "VTC"... Does anyone know how to make
excel do this. I have tried all the help files and demos and none of them
can tell me how to do this. Any Ideas or help would be greatly

appreciated.

Thank You,

--
www.cox.net

Technician 41706

I copied and pasted it but it has those quotes in it so it doesnt work... can
you try it without the quotes.... or can you explain what function your using
and how to plly it

Thank You,

www.cox.net

Technician 41706

i will send this via e-mail if someone can figure it out... it is a job log
for use by field serveice technicians I Have a JOb Type that is VTC for video
trouble call, DTC for dat High Speed Internet trouble call, TTC for telephony
trouble call. These Job types are considered customer contact jobs and we
must either make a sale while there or not make a sale. Based on this i am
trying to calculate that if you are on a VTC customer contact job, lineB9,
the log will autimacally assign a number 1 to, line K56, which will then give
the sum of 1's on line k79, which will then give a sum of the days contact
jobs on line L58. then convert it to a daily sales percentage on line N58.

I have all of it figured out except the part where you select the job type
from lines B9 through B92 and it automatically assines a 1 to lines K56
through K78. The Only Job types i want to assign a 1 to are VTC, DTC, TTC.
the last threee are non contact jobs and dont need a one.

Again i will e-mail this to anyone that can help figure it out and i will be
eternally grateful.

Thank You Very Much
Tom Ogilvy

=if(C1="VTC",1,"")

with C1 representing the cell with the data validation.

Tom Ogilvy

"Technician 41706" wrote in
message ...
I copied and pasted it but it has those quotes in it so it doesnt work...

can
you try it without the quotes.... or can you explain what function your

using
and how to plly it

Thank You,

www.cox.net

Tom Ogilvy

in K56 enter
=if(or("VTC","DTC","TTC"),1,"")

Tom Ogilvy

"Technician 41706" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Technician 41706

I dont think you typed it right or the &quote; are messing it up... i tried
taking them out and that didnt help either...
Tom Ogilvy

sorry

=if(or(B9="VTC",B9="DTC",B9="TTC"),1,"")

Tom Ogilvy

"Technician 41706" wrote in
message ...
I dont think you typed it right or the &quote; are messing it up... i

tried
taking them out and that didnt help either...

Technician 41706

I keeo getting #NAME? when i use that function
Technician 41706

hahahhahahhahhahhaha you are the man, the king of excel,,,,, thanks a
million.... i owe you one
Technician 41706

Thanks Tom, you figured it out for me.... you are the king of excel