Philippe L. Balmanno

Default Looking for how to do a double FIND formula

I have a cells in column A in varying lengths that I want to extract the
text characters in between two known and common characters { and }. I've
tried figuring out the use of =MID(A:A,FIND("{",A:A&"}")-1,255) however the
string of characters within { and } varies in length. Is there a way to
count the characters in between my search criteria and replace the 255 with
that number?

Peo Sjoblom

One way

=MID(A1,FIND("{",A1)+1,FIND("}",A1)-FIND("{",A1)-1)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Philippe L. Balmanno" wrote in message
I have a cells in column A in varying lengths that I want to extract the
text characters in between two known and common characters { and }. I've
tried figuring out the use of =MID(A:A,FIND("{",A:A&"}")-1,255) however the
string of characters within { and } varies in length. Is there a way to
count the characters in between my search criteria and replace the 255 with
that number?

Aladin Akyurek

=MID(A2,FIND("{",A2)+1,FIND("}",A2)-FIND("{",A2)-1)

--

[1] The SumProduct function should implicitly coerce the truth values to
their Excel numeric equivalents.

Philippe L. Balmanno

"Philippe L. Balmanno" wrote in message
I have a cells in column A in varying lengths that I want to extract the
text characters in between two known and common characters { and }. I've
tried figuring out the use of =MID(A:A,FIND("{",A:A&"}")-1,255) however the
string of characters within { and } varies in length. Is there a way to
count the characters in between my search criteria and replace the 255 with
that number?

Thank you I just had a small modification to include the start & end
characters.
=MID(A1,FIND("{",A1)-1,FIND("}",A1)-FIND("{",A1)+2)