Philippe L. Balmanno

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
That includes an extra character before the {

Tom Ogilvy

"Philippe L. Balmanno" wrote in message
"Philippe L. Balmanno" wrote in message
I have a cells in column A in varying lengths that I want to extract the
text characters in between two known and common characters { and }.

I've
tried figuring out the use of =MID(A:A,FIND("{",A:A&"}")-1,255) however

the
string of characters within { and } varies in length. Is there a way to
count the characters in between my search criteria and replace the 255

with
that number?

Thank you I just had a small modification to include the start & end
characters.
=MID(A1,FIND("{",A1)-1,FIND("}",A1)-FIND("{",A1)+2)

Yes it's a space