andrewm

Default Date format

Hi,

I would like to put a date in a cell eg 1st march 2005 as 1/3
however it comes up with 3/1 (the month first)
how can I change it.
in control panel I have settings english(australian)

thanks

andrewm

--
andrewm
andrewm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23130

mangesh_yadav

Did you try the custom format d/m

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10470

andrewm

I tried it. didn't work. I don't want the year.

andrewm

??

--
andrewm
andrewm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23130
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384045

mangesh_yadav

Hi Andrew,

Choose the format as custom - d/m. But while entering the data, enter
as a whole date.

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10470
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384045

Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 22:34:34 -0500, andrewm
wrote:

Hi,

I would like to put a date in a cell eg 1st march 2005 as 1/3
however it comes up with 3/1 (the month first)
how can I change it.
in control panel I have settings english(australian)

thanks

andrewm

Format/Cells/Custom Type d/m

Note that Excel will automatically add the current year; which will appear in
the formula bar, but not in the cell with the above custom format.

--ron
andrewm

Thanks, it works - had to type in d/m

andrewm

--
andrewm
andrewm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23130
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384045

Ron Rosenfeld

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 07:18:41 -0500, andrewm
wrote:

Thanks, it works - had to type in d/m

andrewm

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.
--ron