berminator

Default Simple count function

Hi, I want to do a very simple calculation in excel

I have a number of columns, that can be populated with a 0 or non-0
value. I want a summary field that says number of non-zero columns?

Any help would be great.

Joe

--
berminator
berminator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24833

Ruthki

Try using

=COUNTIF(G4:M4,"<0")

where g to m are the column you are lookin for zero values in.

Ruth

--
Ruthki
Ruthki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24503

berminator

That was excellent Ruth, Thanks!

Now, I have another one!

Of the range of cells, say 20 columns, I want to sum the best 14 from
the 20, in order of highest rank.

So say I have 20 columns , with values of 1-20. I want the sum of the
top 14, which would be 20+19+18+…etc.

Any easy way to do this?

Joe

--
berminator
berminator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24833
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=383851

Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(LARGE(A1:T1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:14"))))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"berminator" wrote
in message ...

That was excellent Ruth, Thanks!

Now, I have another one!

Of the range of cells, say 20 columns, I want to sum the best 14 from
the 20, in order of highest rank.

So say I have 20 columns , with values of 1-20. I want the sum of the
top 14, which would be 20+19+18+.etc.

Any easy way to do this?

Joe

--