Junior Member

Default Highlighting duplicates across many sheets

I have seen many posts on this topic, but so far nothing has worked. I have about 13 sheets of data, for which I am only concerned with column D. I want to highlight any duplicate entries in column D from sheet 4 through 13 (I have renamed them)--only highlight, as I want to review them before deleting. A clear guide would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

jpeevy laid this down on his screen :
I have seen many posts on this topic, but so far nothing has worked. I
have about 13 sheets of data, for which I am only concerned with column
D. I want to highlight any duplicate entries in column D from sheet 4
through 13 (I have renamed them)--only highlight, as I want to review
them before deleting. A clear guide would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

You could use ConditionalFormatting (CF)...

Select column D (entire column)
In the CF dialog:
Select Formula is from the dropdown
Enter: =countif($D:$D,$D1)1
Click the Format... button and choose the pattern you want

Repeat this for each sheet...

--
Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is jpeevy in D3 of Sheet9 considered a duplicate of jpeevy in D26 of
Sheet4?

Or just a duplicate on its own sheet?

Gord