Porous Metals Limited

Default convert time value of 14.58 to 2:35 pm

what is the formula for converting a time from 14.58 to read 2:35 pm?
Anne Troy

You don't need a formula. You should just be able to format the cell as
time.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Porous Metals Limited"
wrote in message ...
what is the formula for converting a time from 14.58 to read 2:35 pm?

Porous Metals Limited

Thanks Anne. I tried that though, and it gives me back a different time
format. We divide the 60 minutes of the hour into 100 minutes, so each
minute is 1.67, which is causing me the grief.

wrote in message ...
what is the formula for converting a time from 14.58 to read 2:35 pm?

Bob Phillips

=A20/24

and format as time

--

HTH

RP

"Porous Metals Limited"
wrote in message ...
what is the formula for converting a time from 14.58 to read 2:35 pm?

Have a look in the help at how Excel handles times and dates

=14.58/24 formated as time

will return
2:34 PM (note: I belive time does not round up in Excel)

HTH
RES

Bob Phillips

I mean rounded. Rounded up would be