Dreaming

Default formatting a cell with a function (IF statement)

I'm wondering if it is possible to format a cell say, color it by using an IF
statement, perhaps using a macro?. My if statement is: =IF(A11400,"X","
"), but instead of the "X" I would like the cell to turn red. Am I dreaming
of impossibilities?

--
Cheerio

CLR

Highlight cell A1.........then do Format ConditionalFormatting
CellValueIs Greater than 1400 Format PatternsTab choose RED OK
OK................

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dreaming" wrote in message
I'm wondering if it is possible to format a cell say, color it by using an

IF
statement, perhaps using a macro?. My if statement is: =IF(A11400,"X","
"), but instead of the "X" I would like the cell to turn red. Am I

dreaming
of impossibilities?

--
Cheerio

CLR

My Bad..........sorry.........I didn't read closely enough..........Biff is
right, you need to use the INDIRECT statement that he suggested to work
between sheets...........or, you could link Sheet1!A1 into Sheet2 and use it
from there..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dreaming" wrote in message