carl

Default Macro / Compile Error / Duplicate Declaration

I am trying to modify my macro to perform the same operations twice - I am
trying to do this by copying/paste the macro and making some changes to the
copied macro. When I try and run the macro, I get a compiler error "Duplicate
Declaration In Current Scope" - the macro stops at the line marketed with ***
below.

Is there a way to modify the macro to get it to work ?

Thank you in advance

'find engine 2 part A
Sheets("A").Select
Dim rng As Range
Set rng = _
Columns(7).Find(What:="1", After:=Cells(Rows.Count, "g"), _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _
MatchCase:=False)

If Not rng Is Nothing Then
rng.Select
Else
MsgBox "1 not found"
End If

'cut engine 2
' Range("G12816").Select (old code)
rng.Offset(1, 0).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToLeft)).Select
Selection.Cut
Sheets("2").Select
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Sheets("A").Select
Range("H1:I1").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("2").Select
Range("H1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("F1:G1").Select
Range("G1").Activate
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.ClearContents
Sheets("A").Select
Range("F1:G1").Select
Range("G1").Activate
Selection.ClearContents

Sheets("A").Select
Range("A1").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Range("A1:I11496").Select
Selection.Cut
Sheets("1").Select
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

'find engine 2 part B
Sheets("B").Select
**** Dim rng As Range ****
Set rng = _
Columns(7).Find(What:="1", After:=Cells(Rows.Count, "g"), _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _
MatchCase:=False)

If Not rng Is Nothing Then
rng.Select
Else
MsgBox "1 not found"
End If

'cut engine 2
' Range("G12816").Select (old code)
rng.Offset(1, 0).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToLeft)).Select
Selection.Cut
Sheets("2").Select
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste.

dominicb

Good evening Carl

The problem is that you're DIMming the variable rng twice and that's
not allowed. That's not to say you can't load rng twice with two
different values in the same routine - obviously, providing the first
value you load in there is no longer needed.But only DIM it once. If
you want two distinct values you could call the second rng variable
rng1, and remember to change subsequent lines to make sure that they
call the right variable.

HTH

DominicB

--