Frieda

Default How do I convert a list of date of births into age in Excel?

I am trying to convert a full list of date of births to be displayed as the
age. Is there a simple way to do this without subtracting each date from the
current date separately?
Thank you.
Ron de Bruin

Hi Frieda

You can use this function with the date in D5
=DATEDIF(D5,TODAY(),"Y")

See this site for more information
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Frieda" wrote in message ...
I am trying to convert a full list of date of births to be displayed as the
age. Is there a simple way to do this without subtracting each date from the
current date separately?
Thank you.

Frieda

RON, the information you posted in response to my question seems helpful. I
am a windows 2000 user and cannot find a function called DATEIF. I have
however a function called YEARFRAC, can I use this as well? What do I write
at start date - end date and basis, and how do I calculate it for many cells
at once.

"Frieda" wrote in message ...
I am trying to convert a full list of date of births to be displayed as the
age. Is there a simple way to do this without subtracting each date from the
current date separately?
Thank you.

Ron de Bruin

Hi

am a windows 2000 user and cannot find a function called DATEIF

The name is DATEDIF

You can read on Chip Pearson his webpage that there is only documentation in Excel 2000 about this function.
You have to use a formula for every date cell you have

Maybe you like this Beta add-in that can insert a column with this formula for you
http://www.rondebruin.nl/datarefiner.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Frieda" wrote in message ...
I am trying to convert a full list of date of births to be displayed as the
age. Is there a simple way to do this without subtracting each date from the
current date separately?
Thank you.

Frieda

Ron - You are the best. I did install the data refiner and it converted a
list of 250 dates of births into accurate age in just a click! This is
great! There really are answers out here!

"Frieda" wrote:

I am trying to convert a full list of date of births to be displayed as the
age. Is there a simple way to do this without subtracting each date from the
current date separately?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Frinda,

To be more precise use this formula you will get No of years,No of month,No
of days.

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"Y") & " Years, " & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"YM") & " Months,
" & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"MD") & " Days"

date should be in A1 cell

Regards,
Manjunath