Volunteer for food pantry

Default Convert a word address and data list to excell

I help with a food pantry and the existing cliant data list was created in
word seperated by commas. I am told to put all 1500 or so cliants in to note
pad, then put them on one line (data of each cliant seporated by 7 commas and
their children seporated by ;) then I can put them into excell. Well I am
only up to the C's and have been doing it for 3 weeks now. Plus we keep
adding new ones every week which are not in order now.

If anyone could help me with this I would so appreciate it.
Thank you
Beverly
JulieD

Hi

if they're still in Word, select the list and choose edit / replace
in the find what box put a
,
(comma)
in the replace with box type
^p
(lower case P)
and choose replace all
now all your clients should be on a single line each
you can then use table / sort to sort them in Word
or copy & paste the list in to Excel for sorting.

(PS always try things like this on a copy of your data first)

--
Cheers
JulieD