vishal

Default Ctrl+Y not working

I am trying to repeat a delete row command. I pressed ctrl+y but the command
does not work. Instead, the command goes off to highlight the dependents for
that cell. How do I change the short-cut of ctrl+y to make it redo the last
command performed?
Leo Heuser

"vishal" skrev i en meddelelse
I am trying to repeat a delete row command. I pressed ctrl+y but the
command
does not work. Instead, the command goes off to highlight the dependents
for
that cell. How do I change the short-cut of ctrl+y to make it redo the
last
command performed?

Vishal

Instead use <F4 to repeat the last command.

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

vishal

Hi Leo,

F4 also gives the same result as ctrl+y. is there any way to get around
this? or change the short-cut for redo-ing the last command?

"Leo Heuser" wrote:

"vishal" skrev i en meddelelse
I am trying to repeat a delete row command. I pressed ctrl+y but the
command
does not work. Instead, the command goes off to highlight the dependents
for
that cell. How do I change the short-cut of ctrl+y to make it redo the
last
command performed?

Vishal

Instead use <F4 to repeat the last command.

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

Leo Heuser

"vishal" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi Leo,

F4 also gives the same result as ctrl+y. is there any way to get around
this? or change the short-cut for redo-ing the last command?

Hi again

Maybe a macro is assigned to the function. Try:

View Toolbars Customize

When the box is open choose from the menu:

Edit and rightclick the <Ctrly entry, choose Assign macro.
If there is anything in the macro name box, clear it.

LeoH

vishal

Hi Leo,

I have tried this also. There isn't any macro assigned. Its still not
working .. any clue on how it can work?

"Leo Heuser" wrote:

"vishal" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi Leo,

F4 also gives the same result as ctrl+y. is there any way to get around
this? or change the short-cut for redo-ing the last command?

Hi again

Maybe a macro is assigned to the function. Try:

View Toolbars Customize

When the box is open choose from the menu:

Edit and rightclick the <Ctrly entry, choose Assign macro.
If there is anything in the macro name box, clear it.

LeoH

Leo Heuser

"Leo Heuser" wrote:

"vishal" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi Leo,

F4 also gives the same result as ctrl+y. is there any way to get around
this? or change the short-cut for redo-ing the last command?

Hi again

Maybe a macro is assigned to the function. Try:

View Toolbars Customize

When the box is open choose from the menu:

Edit and rightclick the <Ctrly entry, choose Assign macro.
If there is anything in the macro name box, clear it.

LeoH

"vishal" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi Leo,

I have tried this also. There isn't any macro assigned. Its still not
working .. any clue on how it can work?

Hi Vishal

Last gasp :-)

Choose Tools Macro Macros

Click on each of the macronames in turn and click
the options button (or similar. The buttommost button)
See if <Ctrly is chosen and delete, if this is the case.

LeoH

vishal

Hi Leo,

Finally ... this has worked. Thanks a lot for your help!!

regards,
Vishal
can I have your personal email id in case i need some more help on excel?

"Leo Heuser" wrote:

"Leo Heuser" wrote:

[...]

Leo Heuser

"vishal" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi Leo,

Finally ... this has worked. Thanks a lot for your help!!

You're welcome, Vishal. Glad you got it solved :-)

regards,
Vishal
can I have your personal email id in case i need some more help on excel?

If you need help, please use the groups, so as many users as possible will
benefit from the correspondence.

Regards
LeoH