srinivasan

Default Can any one suggest code/formula for finding the CAGR

Can any one suggest a formula/code to work out the CAGR(Compounded Annual
Growth Rate)
Niek Otten

Look in HELP for the RATE() function

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel
"srinivasan" wrote in message
Can any one suggest a formula/code to work out the CAGR(Compounded Annual
Growth Rate)

mangesh_yadav

maybe if you give your data and the expected answer, someone could help
you get the CAGR

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10470

srinivasan

"srinivasan" wrote:

Can any one suggest a formula/code to work out the CAGR(Compounded Annual
Growth Rate)

I am sorry. The rate function will not work for this. The formula for the
function would look like this.
=(J7/F7)^(1/4 )-1 (NUMBER 4 REPRESENTS FOR the count of columns from J
column to F column excluding J column)
I would be happy if some one suggests a custom code for a formula named CAGR

Mangesh Yadav

Hi Srinivasan

What your formula is doing is basically, taking the first value (or PV), and
the last value (FV), and then from the total range, you want to calculate
the number of years i.e. from F7 to J7 it is 4 to calculate the annual rate.

You can use the rate function as follows:
=RATE(COUNT(F7:J7)-1,0,-F7,J7)

Mangesh

"srinivasan" wrote:

Can any one suggest a formula/code to work out the CAGR(Compounded

Annual
Growth Rate)

I am sorry. The rate function will not work for this. The formula for the
function would look like this.
=(J7/F7)^(1/4 )-1 (NUMBER 4 REPRESENTS FOR the count of columns from J
column to F column excluding J column)
I would be happy if some one suggests a custom code for a formula named

CAGR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
here goes a code for a CAGR function I wrote.

Public Function CAGR(Base_Period, End_Period, Base_Value, End_Value)
CAGR = ((End_Value / Base_Value) ^ (1 / (End_Period - Base_Period))) - 1
End Function

hope it helps