Jeff

Default Counting the number of cells meeting conditional formating criteria

Hi,

Is it possible to count the number of cells (most often in a filtered) range
that are "activated" by meeting the condional formatting formula?
In my case, I'm using colours to indicate the number of rows that meet the
criteria. I know the number of rows in the filtered range n (thanks to this
forum). I find in my analysis, I am always manually counting the incidence
of meeting criteria and express the quantity as a percentage of n and
wondered if this can be achieved programatically.

I only need to count the incidence and have the skills to do the rest of my
task objective.
regards
Jeff

JE McGimpsey

Can you use the same criterion in a conditional formula?

For instance, if your CF is Formula is =A110

then you'd use

=COUNTIF(A:A,"10")

There's no direct way to count conditionally formatted cells.

In article , "Jeff"
wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to count the number of cells (most often in a filtered) range
that are "activated" by meeting the condional formatting formula?
In my case, I'm using colours to indicate the number of rows that meet the
criteria. I know the number of rows in the filtered range n (thanks to this
forum). I find in my analysis, I am always manually counting the incidence
of meeting criteria and express the quantity as a percentage of n and
wondered if this can be achieved programatically.

I only need to count the incidence and have the skills to do the rest of my
task objective.
regards
Jeff

Jeff

Thanks for this. Does this mean I will have to create a column for a
true/false to criteria and count them in the filtered range? The real value
of this forum is people come up with some solutions that the Excel sites say
can't be done (like counting the number of filtered rows). I marvel at the
skills and expertise of you contributors.

wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to count the number of cells (most often in a filtered)
range
that are "activated" by meeting the condional formatting formula?
In my case, I'm using colours to indicate the number of rows that meet
the
criteria. I know the number of rows in the filtered range n (thanks to
this
forum). I find in my analysis, I am always manually counting the
incidence
of meeting criteria and express the quantity as a percentage of n and
wondered if this can be achieved programatically.

I only need to count the incidence and have the skills to do the rest of
my
task objective.
regards
Jeff

JE McGimpsey

Not necessarily - the example I gave could be done in one cell. What is
your conditional?