Bob Newman

Default Formula indicator in cells???

Excel 2003

I have several cells that contain IF formulas in them. If it makes any
difference they are formatted to show nothing if a referenced cell is blank
i.e. (=IF(A7="","","Widget"). Regarding the appearance of these cells, they
have a small indicator in the upper left (similar to the indictor to shows
that a cell contains a note). I do not want this visible (whatever it is).
Why is it there? How do I get rid of it?
--

Thanks in advance... Bob

Vasant Nanavati

Tools | Options | Error Checking | Settings | Enable Background Error
Checking

Clear the checkbox.

---------

Vasant