Buckle

Default Need a 1 Column multiplication formula for 2600 cells. How?

I have a spreadsheet with 2600 items (cells). I need a simple formula in one
column, say N, that multiplies column H X Column I: i.e., =H2600*I2600.

Can i do this for each of the 2600 cells without entering a formula cell by
cell
JulieD

Hi

so you want a formula in N2 that says,
=H2*I2
in N3 that says
=H3*I3
(or even starting at row 2600)

method 1:
if so then type the first formula in either N2 or N2600
and then move your mouse over the bottom right corner of the cell until you
see a +
then double click the formula should "autofill" down column N (if there is
data in either column M or O to tell it how far to go),

method 2:
if there's no data in columns M or O , then you're better off approaching it
this way,
in the name box (little box to left of formula bar, to above the column
heading A) type
N2:N2600
and press enter, this will select all of these cells
now without clicking anywhere type
=H2*I2
then press control & enter
the formula should be added into all cells

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD