Drifter

Default &[Tab] is available as data in headers but not cells?

I'm tring to write a formula that looks like this: =("Weekending" &[TAB])
But Excel doesn't like it. How can I get sheet tab info into a cell?
JE McGimpsey

one way:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formu..._function.html

In article ,
"Drifter" wrote:

I'm tring to write a formula that looks like this: =("Weekending" &[TAB])
But Excel doesn't like it. How can I get sheet tab info into a cell?

Alex

Drifter

Using Excel alone I do know if it can be done. But you could try...

Go to InsertNameDefine and define a name for you sheet. For example, type
'tab' in the top line and then set it equal to the name of your tab below.
That way when you type...

="WEEKENDING" & tab

Alex

....you will get what you want. This will save time but obviously cannot be
used on another tab unless you redefine 'tab'.

(2)