Default filtering dates

hi, could you please advise me how, using advance filter, to filter a
list of dates so Im left with fridays dates only. So far Ive tried,
dates in a3:a2893, Title DATES in a2, and my criteria in A1 which is
=weekday(5) or =weekday(date)=5. Im using USE date format mm/dd/yy. Im
not sure that I setting up the advance filter correctly. Any advice
appreciated,
Regards Robert

Peo Sjoblom

If you are going to use advanced filter and a formula criteria you need to
use 2 cells as criteria and the top cell should be empty, so insert an empty
row at the top,leave A1 empty and in A2 use

=WEEKDAY(A4,2)=5

assuming that the header will now be in A3 and the dates start in A4 (always
refer to the first data cell in the range)

criteria range would be $A$1:$A$2

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

wrote in message
oups.com...
hi, could you please advise me how, using advance filter, to filter a
list of dates so Im left with fridays dates only. So far Ive tried,
dates in a3:a2893, Title DATES in a2, and my criteria in A1 which is
=weekday(5) or =weekday(date)=5. Im using USE date format mm/dd/yy. Im
not sure that I setting up the advance filter correctly. Any advice
appreciated,
Regards Robert

Gary's Student

If you have the room to insert a helper column, say column Z, then you can
get the desired with just autofilter. Set cell Z3 to =weekday(A3) and then
copy down to Z2893. Switch on the autofilter. Click the column Z pull-down
and select 6 (Friday)
--
Gary's Student

" wrote:

hi, could you please advise me how, using advance filter, to filter a
list of dates so Im left with fridays dates only. So far Ive tried,
dates in a3:a2893, Title DATES in a2, and my criteria in A1 which is
=weekday(5) or =weekday(date)=5. Im using USE date format mm/dd/yy. Im
not sure that I setting up the advance filter correctly. Any advice
appreciated,
Regards Robert

Ron de Bruin

You can use EasyFilter if you want (very easy)
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message oups.com...
hi, could you please advise me how, using advance filter, to filter a
list of dates so Im left with fridays dates only. So far Ive tried,
dates in a3:a2893, Title DATES in a2, and my criteria in A1 which is
=weekday(5) or =weekday(date)=5. Im using USE date format mm/dd/yy. Im
not sure that I setting up the advance filter correctly. Any advice
appreciated,
Regards Robert

Using dates for x-axis values as string instead of creating a scale cs_weirdo Charts and Charting in Excel 2 June 17th 05 12:20 AM
Plotting Dates GGoetz Excel Worksheet Functions 1 March 30th 05 10:08 AM
Formating Dates for production schedule dpl7579 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 11th 05 08:43 PM
due dates Niki New Users to Excel 4 January 10th 05 04:11 PM
Filtering with dates T Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 29th 04 07:01 PM