Neil Mitchell-Goodson

Default Cross workbook referencing based on cell input

Hey guys,
I have a 'summary' sheet that references other workbooks and polls data from
specific cells on those sheets. Currently I have to 'hard-code' the
references to those other workbooks on my summary sheet - is there a way I
can use input from a cell to determine which other workbooks are referenced,
instead of having to hard-code this into the sheet? That way a user can
determine which other sheets are referenced.

I'm sure this involves macros, cunning visual basic jiggery pokery, and/or
voodoo magic. All replies, even the voodoo ones, are gratefully appreciated!

NMG

Ron de Bruin

Hi Neal

The indirect function will not work with closed workbooks.
But you can run a macro to do this

Maybe this will give you some ideas
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

--