Jan

Default date/time

I'm using Excel 2003.

Is this possible?

If end user enters data in A1, can I add a date/time function that will
automatically be entered in cell B1, but not update when the date/time
changes or when the file is closed/opened? Using Today() or Now(), the
date/time in B1 updates when file is closed and then opened.

TIA
mangesh_yadav

Enter this code in the module of the concerned sheet.

If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
Range("B1") = Now()

Will change the date only when you change or enter value in A1

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10470

Jan

It is just not cell A1 and b1; the concept needs to apply between column a
and column b. How would you change the following code to apply between
column a and b? Sorry, I know very little about VBA.

"mangesh_yadav" wrote:

Enter this code in the module of the concerned sheet.

If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
Range("B1") = Now()

Will change the date only when you change or enter value in A1

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10470
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379994

Jan

Sorry, but I failed to mention the process correctly.

If end user enters data in any cell in column A beginning at cell a2, then I
would like the corresponding cell(same row) in column B to have a date/time
stamp that would not change when the date/time changes or when the file is
saved and reopened.

Example: if user enters data in cell A2, then B2 would automatically
display date/time stamp. If user enters data in cell A3, then B3 would have
a date/time stamp...and so on..and so on.

TIA.