cutthroatjess

Default vlookup weird error

So I think I understand the vlookup function, however, there is an error.
Can I set a constant to be my lookup value? If so, how would I set that up?

Here's my vlookup statement:
=VLOOKUP(LOG!H7,WONUMS!$A$2:$B$83,2,FALSE)

So it evaluates the value in H7 in the current sheet log, then compares it
to a table in the second sheet wonums. However, when I just type in a number
in H7 it returns #n/a.

Thanks!

Jesse

cutthroatjess

The sheet is named log, and yes it is. I ended up posting this message twice,
and received another reply from Dave Peterson. He directed me to this site
which basically answered the question:
Debra Dalgleish has some more tips like this at:

For some reason, my table was considering the numbers as text, and I'm still
not sure why. I formated the cells as a number, but that didn't seem to help.
If I converted my number into a text format as Debra suggests in her article
it works.

Thanks for your help!

Jesse Geis