mwc0914

Default nested IF maximum?

Is there a limit to how many nested IFs can be contained in a single
formula?

I am working with a golf application and I want to set a value if the
results of the first hole are not equal. If they are equal, then check
the second hole, etc. This would mean I need 18 IFs in a single
formula.

--
mwc0914
mwc0914's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24130

duane

the limit is 7 I beleive but there are likely ways aroundit if you
describe what you want to do a little more

--
duane

duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11624
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379319

cmart02

The maximum is 7, but if you are near that enough, you better start thinking
of another solution to the problem, as you formula will become unreadable.

Explain the scenario to see what is the best solution.

--
Regards
Robert

mwc0914