KNS

Default Can I combine the text from multiple cells automatically

I need to combine the text from multiple cells automatically based on certain
conditions basically what I need would be something to the effect of
"If N20 print J2 "N2" times and if a2=b2 print b2" I hope that makes sense
and someone can help me thanks. I'm using 2003.

KNS

This was great, the only problem is that the second part of the function
IF(A2=B2,B2,"")) isn't working. Any help would be great.

=IF(N20,REPT(J2,N2),IF(A2=B2,B2,""))

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"KNS" wrote in message
I need to combine the text from multiple cells automatically based on

certain
conditions basically what I need would be something to the effect of
"If N20 print J2 "N2" times and if a2=b2 print b2" I hope that makes

sense
and someone can help me thanks. I'm using 2003.

Bob Phillips

How do you mean not working? Does it never happen, or give the wrong result?
I must admit I wasn't clear as to what you wanted there, so I interpreted it
as

IF N20 return J2 N2 times
Else If A2=B2 return B2
Else return nothing

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"KNS" wrote in message
I need to combine the text from multiple cells automatically based on

certain
conditions basically what I need would be something to the effect of
"If N20 print J2 "N2" times and if a2=b2 print b2" I hope that makes

sense
and someone can help me thanks. I'm using 2003.

KNS

Sorry, I need it to perform both if that's possible, so

IF N20 return J2 N2 times
And If A2=B2 return B2
Else return nothing

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"KNS" wrote in message
I need to combine the text from multiple cells automatically based on
certain
conditions basically what I need would be something to the effect of
"If N20 print J2 "N2" times and if a2=b2 print b2" I hope that makes
sense
and someone can help me thanks. I'm using 2003.

Bob Phillips

=IF(N20,IF(A2=B2,B2,REPT(J2,N2)),"")

Does that do it?

--