rae820

Default Extract Text--Hopefully Easy!

i have an e-mail address that I would like to extract the text after the
@ sign. Cannot use text to columns. Need a function so that way every
time I enter an email address, it will continually be updating instead
of actually going through and using the text to columns option each
time.

Any help would be great!

--
rae820
rae820's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24135

Vasant Nanavati

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("@",A1))

--

Vasant

"rae820" wrote in
message ...

i have an e-mail address that I would like to extract the text after the
@ sign. Cannot use text to columns. Need a function so that way every
time I enter an email address, it will continually be updating instead
of actually going through and using the text to columns option each
time.

Any help would be great!

--
rae820
rae820's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=378561

Ron Coderre

Try this (if the address is in cell A1):

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("@",A1)),"Invalid Email",MID(A1,FIND("@",A1)+1,255))
Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419

rae820

it worked...Thank you soooo much!!!

--
rae820
rae820's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24135
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=378561

rae820

it worked...however i was wondering if you could explain *why* it
worked???