Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dab

Default Help with function to sum values in a worksheet depending on account number

I think I know the answer to this already but I thought I'd ask anyway

I have a large spread sheet table detailing many items each identified by
account numbers. The account numbers may occur in several different lines
in the table.

I know that I could do this with a macro or VB Script but what I'm wondering
is if there is an Excel function That will look up all the occurrences of a
particular account numbers in a table, and sum the total dollar value for
all of the occurrences of that particular account number? Basically, I need
dynamic sort (and sum) of the table by account numbers without changing the
original table.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Function to list values of last 3 non-blank cells in a vertical bl ANJ Excel Worksheet Functions 1 April 14th 05 12:53 AM
Indirect( ) function loosing values when spreadsheets are closed Word4Dummies Excel Worksheet Functions 2 February 13th 05 12:41 PM
Excel: Add "dBm" and "dBW" to CONVERT worksheet function Power u. Sapporo Excel Worksheet Functions 3 December 17th 04 02:33 PM
left worksheet function within a combo box Billing Goddess Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 15th 04 08:58 PM