JerryS

Default Using sumproduct to count number by date

I am trying to use the sumproduct function to count how many times a
particular date appears in a coumn and I cannot get it to work. The date
format is 6/6/2005. I must be overlooking something but I don't know what.
Anybody got an answer? Thanks
--
JerryS
Andy Wiggins

If you are counting, then why not use COUNTIF?

Here's an example: =COUNTIF(A1:A8,C1)

where A1:A8 is the range of dates and C1 is the date for which you are
testing.

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

"JerryS" wrote in message
I am trying to use the sumproduct function to count how many times a
particular date appears in a coumn and I cannot get it to work. The date
format is 6/6/2005. I must be overlooking something but I don't know what.
Anybody got an answer? Thanks
--
JerryS

JerryS

Thanks for your answer. The reason I thought to us SUMPRODUCT is because I'm
looking through multiple columns to find my counts. For example, orders
entered on a certain date, by a certain rep, that have a certain code. All of
these values are in columns. How would you go about formulating that
question?
--
JerryS