Jacquelynn

Default How does the Database Function work in Excel

Please assist. I keep getting an error message. I set up my database, the
range field and the critera, but I still keep getting an error message.
Peo Sjoblom

Do you think we are telepathic? What kind of D function, what are the
criteria, how is the table set up?
Btw, you can use other functions if you have problems with the D functions,
they are kind of obsolete although they have similar criteria as the
advanced filter so they can be worth learning just because of that

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Jacquelynn" wrote in message
Please assist. I keep getting an error message. I set up my database, the
range field and the critera, but I still keep getting an error message.

Jacquelynn

Sorry about that. I am using the DSUM function. It is for my class so I
cannot subsitute any other function. I have two worksheets one the employee
records and the other page for critera. On the emp records page it has ssn,
name, raise, performance level, etc. I need the DSum function to calucate the
total raise for all employees who have a level 1 performance.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Do you think we are telepathic? What kind of D function, what are the
criteria, how is the table set up?
Btw, you can use other functions if you have problems with the D functions,
they are kind of obsolete although they have similar criteria as the
advanced filter so they can be worth learning just because of that

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Jacquelynn" wrote in message
Please assist. I keep getting an error message. I set up my database, the
range field and the critera, but I still keep getting an error message.

Peo Sjoblom

Assume the table is Sheet1!A1:D30, that the headers of the table are

SSN Name Raise Level

On Sheet2 in A1 put Level and in A2 put 1 then use the formula

=DSUM(Sheet1!A1:D30,"Raise",Sheet2!A1:A2)