Nadine

Default Counting capacity based on technician schedule

Hopefully someone can help me

The formula I'm trying to figure out is to be able to count how many jobs a
tech can do based on his schedule. Below is listed an example of how techs
can be scheduled. Each letter means he can do 2 orders for that time
interval. A = am orders, P= pm orders, & E = eve orders. So on day 1 the
first tech scheduled AP can do 2am orders and 2pm orders, the second tech can
do only 2 pm orders..and so on. I want a formula that based on a range of
technicians schedules can say in a cell or cells...that for Day 1...we have
the ability to do 2 am orders and 4 pm orders.

U##### AP AP P E AE APE AP
U1#### P A A AP APE
P P

i hope this is clear enough

David McRitchie

I can't follow your question, but I think you have columns for a time and
you are looking to make sure that you have at least one A in each of
several columns. see use of COUNTIF

Excel Developer Tip: Summing and Counting Using Mutliple Criteria

F10: =COUNTIF(F$2:OFFSET(F10,-1,0),"A")In fact you might do the same with Conditional Formatting
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htmSelect the columns you want to check then use the active cell (ie. in column F) in
the following formula =Countif(F:F,"A")0
---
HTH,