Ron Coderre

Default The ExcelTip forums update this forum

The Excel forum(www.excelforum.com) has been able to read from these forums
into theirs, but has recently begun posting from their forums to these.

A few things to consider:
1)The ExcelForum POSTS to this forum every few minutes.
2)The ExcelForum READS from this one once per hour (around 5 min after the
hour).
Consequently, until that schedule changes, our responses to ExcelForum posts
can be delayed up to an hour before they are posted there.

Indicator:The bottom of the posts from the ExcelForum contain text
indicating that the poster is a member of the ExcelForum.
(You may want to just log in there for a more timely response.)

Ron
JE McGimpsey

Note that this is not unique to ExcelForum - just a hazard of
newsgroups.

If you use nntp, depending on the particular news server you're reading
from, it can take minutes to hours for posts to propagate.

If the original poster and the responder are on "closer" servers to each
other than to msnews (where most servers get their update), the reply
may be sent and received before it's ever propagated to the majority of
news servers, or via the web interface.

In article ,
"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Consequently, until that schedule changes, our responses to ExcelForum posts
can be delayed up to an hour before they are posted there.

Peo Sjoblom

Unless someone is constrained by a company firewall etc and is unable to use
a newsreader then connecting directly to msnews.micrososft.com is by far the
best way to read posts and answers

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

The Excel forum(www.excelforum.com) has been able to read from these forums
into theirs, but has recently begun posting from their forums to these.

A few things to consider:
1)The ExcelForum POSTS to this forum every few minutes.
2)The ExcelForum READS from this one once per hour (around 5 min after the
hour).
Consequently, until that schedule changes, our responses to ExcelForum posts
can be delayed up to an hour before they are posted there.

Indicator:The bottom of the posts from the ExcelForum contain text
indicating that the poster is a member of the ExcelForum.
(You may want to just log in there for a more timely response.)

Ron

Ron Coderre

Alas...Yes, I am most definitely prevented, by my company's firewall, from
accessing newsgroups. I'm relegated to toggling between websites.

Ron