Steve

Default COUNTIF across all sheets of a workbook

Peo,

I am somewhat of a novice so pardon the lameness of these questions...

1) How do I put all of the sheet names in a range and rename it?
2) In your work around:
=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'Sheet"&{1,2}&"'!"&C ELL("address",A1)),"0"))

In your range for worksheets, "sheet"&{1,2}&CELL("address",A1)...... can I
substitute the names I have given these worksheets for something here? And,
what does "address" refer to.....

Thanks for all your help.... my mind is bigger than my excel skills...

Steve

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Here is a workaround

http://tinyurl.com/97psj

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Steve" wrote:

On my summary page of a multiple worksheet work book I want to count tihe
number of "Y" responses in the same cell across the entire workbook. I have
tried countif(worksheet1:worksheetend!C6,"Y") and it doesn't work.... any
help out there?

Thanks,

Steve