Anita Taylor

Default Auto-Insert Last Date Edited

Is there anyway to automatically insert into a cell or the header/footer the
date a spreadsheet was last edited? Word has a built-in field for this and I
was hoping to find something similar in Excel.
Ron de Bruin

Hi Anita

You need VBA to do this

See the example on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Saved

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Anita Taylor" wrote in message ...
Is there anyway to automatically insert into a cell or the header/footer the
date a spreadsheet was last edited? Word has a built-in field for this and I
was hoping to find something similar in Excel.

Anita Taylor

I am using Excel 2000. I cannot copy/paste into the Visual Basic Editor.

Ron de Bruin

Hi Anita

Why not ?

Errors ?
VBA Protected ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Anita Taylor" wrote in message ...
I am using Excel 2000. I cannot copy/paste into the Visual Basic Editor.

Anita Taylor

I see it now - the workbook is shared. That's the problem.