Unison Mike

Default weeknum function returns name error

I am trying to use the weeknum function in excel 2003. However I am getting a
#NAME error, I have followed the helpfile instructions to make sute the
analysis toolpak is checked in the add-in menu, but this doesn`t seem to make
any difference. I can select the weeknum function from the formula wizard but
it still doesn't work.
Bob Phillips

When the analysis toolpak is not installed, I get a #VALUE error (oddly!).
Are you sure that the references within the brackets are correct, a valid
cell, or TGODAY()?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Unison Mike" <Unison wrote in message
I am trying to use the weeknum function in excel 2003. However I am

getting a
#NAME error, I have followed the helpfile instructions to make sute the
analysis toolpak is checked in the add-in menu, but this doesn`t seem to

make
any difference. I can select the weeknum function from the formula wizard

but
it still doesn't work.

Peo Sjoblom

WEEKNUM is part of the Analysis ToolPak add-in, keep the CD handy and do
toolsadd-ins, check ATP and follow the directions. If it is not working try
to uninstall it by uncheck it and then install it again, if that does not
work, uncheck it, then reinstall it with the CD by adding it again. (check
run from this computer or something similar under Excel installation, note
that you should not install excel/office again, just add something)

Peo Sjoblom

"Unison Mike" <Unison wrote in message
I am trying to use the weeknum function in excel 2003. However I am getting
#NAME error, I have followed the helpfile instructions to make sute the
analysis toolpak is checked in the add-in menu, but this doesn`t seem to
make
any difference. I can select the weeknum function from the formula wizard
but
it still doesn't work.

Unison Mike

Seem to have got it to work - for some bizarre reason I had to start a new
workbook, use the formula in there, it would then work in the original
document.

Unfortunately it turns out that the weeknum function doesn't return iso
standard week numbers anyway so not much use.

Fortunately the following site had the answer:

http://cpearson.com/excel/weeknum.htm

Thanks anyway.

Mike

"Unison Mike" wrote:

I am trying to use the weeknum function in excel 2003. However I am getting a
#NAME error, I have followed the helpfile instructions to make sute the
analysis toolpak is checked in the add-in menu, but this doesn`t seem to make
any difference. I can select the weeknum function from the formula wizard but
it still doesn't work.

Ron de Bruin

Hi Mike

See the formulas that don't need the ATP Add-in on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/weeknumber.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM
Lookup Function Error Jacinthe Excel Worksheet Functions 2 March 10th 05 07:37 AM
Problem with GEOMEAN - returns #NUM error Dan Knight Excel Worksheet Functions 6 February 17th 05 11:40 PM