Brad

Default Hex low values

Can a string be built that contains a field with a hex value of "00" - spaces
give a value of "40".
JE McGimpsey

Not sure what you mean, exactly - how did you get your value of "40"?

=DEC2HEX(0,2)

will return "00"

In article ,
"Brad" wrote:

Can a string be built that contains a field with a hex value of "00" - spaces
give a value of "40".

Chip Pearson

A space character is 32 or hex 20, not hex 40. Are you sure your
mainframe file is ASCII text (not EBCIDIC)?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

,