Wendy

Default Formulae using range names

I've used a formula (= Possible Major) which uses range names to return the
intersect of two named ranges, where Possible is one named range and Major is
another.

This works fine if I type the formula in directly but I want to return the
value from the cell references instead i.e. I have two drop downs for data
validation so the user can select Possible in column C and Major in column D.
I am therefore trying to use =C11 D11 which I hoped would be 'translated' to
=Possible Major and therefore give me the correct answer as if typed in
manually.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do this.
Thanks.
Bernard Liengme

Hi Wendy,
This worked for me with text typed into C1 and D11
=INDIRECT(C11) INDIRECT(D11)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme